Nights of Death
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nights of Death

Night Has Fallen. The Infected Have Come. How Will You Survive?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3. Beauty and the Beast

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abigail Matthews
Onyx Eye
Onyx Eye
Abigail Matthews

3. Beauty and the Beast Empty
PostSubject: 3. Beauty and the Beast   3. Beauty and the Beast EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 11:21 pm

Beauty and the Beast
Even though all of this happened in less than an hour the rest of the day seems to drag on in the same fashion, emotional ups and downs. I suppose I should apologize to Dad I was a little bit short tempered with him, part of me resents this decision though…why should I have to apologize to him? Surely it’s he that should say sorry to me.

Tomorrow I must plunge into my doom, I must go into that place all students hate to venture, school. But tomorrow is especially hellish, it’s a Monday for one and the other is that I have history. Taking history for my GCSE’s could be related to any disastrous decision for example, casting Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen or top branding bookstores creating a new section of ‘Vampire Romance’. Should have basically taken out an advert for tween central.
Sunday night is always hard; I have to sit in the front room watching a U-PG rated film whilst Ben breathes down my neck for the entire time. To be honest combining Sunday evening with Monday morning is the worst combination you could ever get.

Perhaps the only ray of light on a drear Monday morning are my friends, Alice who I walk to school with, Hannah who I listen talk about Jonas Brothers all Form time, Becky who saves me from killing myself from Jonas overload and Fran who also keeps me sane everyday. Despite myself a smile appears on my lips –chapped from relentless chewing- Hannah really is a great friend even though she has terrible taste in T.V. shows. We’ve had a lot of good times together.

When everyone’s finished their usual Sunday roast of chicken and roasties we all migrate into the front room (not to be confused with the back room) to pick from the 8 suitable films we have. It’s because of Nate we have to watch this trash, I’d do anything to watch a bit of Harry Potter 6 but no it’s a 12 so we can’t. Makes sense though he was getting a bit, shall we say, violent.

A sense of weightlessness overcomes me as I realize that Nate holds up one of my favourite kid’s films, Beauty and the Beast, it always makes a little lump appear in my throat. I mean who wouldn’t give a little sob when the Beast dies? Secretly smiling inside I pretend to be sullen and un-impressed with the choice of film, claiming in a monotone voice that I would have preferred Harry Potter. To which Dad has to reply with the sarcastic remark concerning my adoration of Jason Issacs. I hate it when he does that, it’s none of his business who I fancy! Sure enough it follows by a curt remark that he’s old enough to be my father. Thanks Mum.

After the credits and dancing around the living room to ‘Tale as old as Time’ I decamp up to my cocoon. Little, black and oh so tempting my new laptop stares at me from it’s perch on a white computer desk. Unable to resist the call of the on switch, I canter over to it.

I’m I writer, if you didn’t know and I’m trying to finish a book. So far it’s going pretty badly. What I tend to do is start a story with the full intention of finishing but I get sidetracked with a new idea, so basically I’ve got the start of at least 30 stories. Just not the endings to go with them. Eyes trawl across endless Word documents until they fix upon my latest story called…well that’s just it, it doesn’t have a name. I figured I’d just call it ‘Untitled’ until I give it a name. Besides it’s rather mysterious not having a title. I might leave it that way.

Before I even begin to type any more words to the already confused gulf on the page, my eyes defy me. Lately they’ve been going very fuzzy; I can’t seem to focus on anything for very long. Being lazy and tired, and the fact that it’s Sunday I decide to sleep. Sunday is the night I least want to sleep because I know when I get up I’m going to have to get up really early. So what’s the point?

Not even bothering to get in one of my numerous pairs of pajamas I snuggle into soft quilts, covered with black and white blocks of colour. Cold seeps through them to my bones, but I wait patiently for heat to radiate out into sheets that surround my shivering body.

As usual hands form part of the quilt to create an illusion of a body lying next to me. Something that I’ve always wanted but never achieved, I mean never achieved so far. I’ve always wanted someone to fall asleep with me, nothing else just to be there while I do. I get afraid. Noises come from nooks and crannies, sounds of groans an sometimes even voices, voices that seem to call my name in the dead of night. Shapes form in the shadows of my room, faces screaming out to me, faces glaring at me in hatred. It’s really not much to ask, someone to keep me from screams myself.

Music softly streams out of black I-Pod speakers, subtle jokes and sexual remarks from Russell Brand himself. Light trickles from a small table lamp in the corner of my red room. It’s like this my mind grows foggy, my arms curl around my imaginary Prince and my tired eyes finally close.

Back to top Go down
https://nightsofdeath.forumotion.co.uk

3. Beauty and the Beast
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nights of Death :: Welcome :: Plot :: The Story That Started It All-
Jump to: